Staging with Shag throw rugs #TBT

I ran across this gem while looking for a photo to post on Throwback Thursday.

My dog, Minnie, was the focus but my eye gravitated to the shag carpet in this photo taken in 1979. I vividly remember the fluffy, carefully "raked" carpet from my childhood.
Throwback Thursday Old School shag carpet - Minnie in living room

My mind went to the Gorgeous Digs inventory and how we use shag carpet throws, like this gray one from Wayfair today.
Paris Titanium Shag Area Rug by Safavieh
                                                                   
We also have the quintessential carpet rake for cleaning and fluffing up the long looms. My childhood is re-visiting me!  I thought of how and why we use shag throws during staging in 2016, like the living room here.
A light shag adds warmth to a room with hardwood or tile floors.  Great for decorating or staging a large area.

Shag throw rugs soften hardwood and tile floors.  Shag brings a level of warmth and comfort to a space. Decor and past trends that seemed dated eventually make a comeback, perhaps it's a nod to nostalgia or a tried and true element that evolves and is reinvented into our modern world.  An article written by Simona Ganea on Homedit explains why shag is back.

Tell us, what current trends remind you of your childhood?

 



Comments

Popular Posts