Clever uses of contact paper


When planning my daughter's departure for college and dorm life, I immediately started thinking of clever storage solutions.  I also thought of how I could motivate myself to utilize her now empty closet for much needed, organized storage space. This also inspired me to help my clients when I suggest de-cluttering and organizing closets and pantries before listing their home for sale.
I began my search with all the catalogs we received once her college admittance was final.  Bed, Bath and Beyond had a package deal with really innovative ideas.  The Container Store promised slick, color coordinated  little boxes and jars to display and organize items.  These were very pretty and well thought out storage hacks but with a larger than anticipated price tag.
I wanted to achieve a slick, color coordinated look for storage in the dorm and at home but on budget. I had some storage solutions in the form of wicker baskets, clear jars, and mismatched storage boxes.
I also had a bookcase, a well-used craft desk, end table and wire shelving.  I went to my go to,  Pintrest, and formed a board on clever uses of contact paper.  I was amazed at all the different ways to create visually appealing closets, pantries and bookcases.  The inexpensive cost of contact paper and ease of application to a variety of surfaces got me moving!  
I picked a gray and white chevron patterned contact paper to cover a craft desk, end table and mismatched storage boxes.  I finally found my motivation to create cohesive storage solutions on a budget and got organized in the process, too.

Comments

Popular Posts